If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It wasn't until i moved to RI that i discovered the lovely combination of littlenecks and pasta. —bettybites
- 12 littlenecks
- 1 pkg linguine
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 2-6 cloves garlic (depending on how much you like...i like a lot!)
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup clam juice
- olive oil to saute garlic
- couple pinches of crushed red pepper
- salt and pepper
- chopped parsley
- good parm cheese
- chop or press garlic cloves and set aside
- cook pasta in salted water until al dente or just under...don't overcook
- when pasta is done, drain and reserve some cooking liquid, set aside
- meanwhile, saute garlic in a little olive oil just for a minute
- add anchovy paste, crushed red, salt and pepper to taste and saute a bit more making sure garlic doesn't burn
- add wine and clam juice. you can also just use wine or just clam juice, or a little less of each. My quantities are on the high end so as to have enough sauce for all that pasta!
- add rinsed littleneck clams and bring temp to med/med-high and cover for 7 minutes...no peeking!
- If you cooked the pasta under, you can give it a toss with the hot necks and sauce, otherwise I plate the pasta first, and when the clams are done i place 6 around the outer edges of the pasta bowl, then pour sauce over pasta. Garnish with parsley and fresh grated parm chz
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Seafood Pasta
A Piece of Beauty
Meet Mosser Glass
Meet the cake stand extraordinaries
The best vegan cookbook tips.
It's time to travel.
What to watch (and cook to) on Netflix.
Put cake on a pedestal.