Author Notes: The inspiration for this recipe came from two places - the beautiful summer local peaches on the North Shore of Massachusetts and a Bon Appetit recipe for peach and cardamon pie. I was out of eggs, however, so no crust was being made in this house today. So I decided to devise the below recipe based on what I had in the house. I love crisps or crumbles actually a tad more than pies, anyway. I find they make the fruit, the star in the recipe, stand out just a little bit more. - lighterandlocal
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- dash cinnamon
- 4 peaches, sliced
- 1/8 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 cup light brown sugar
- juice of half a lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a food processor combine all topping ingredients and pulse several times, until mixture had a consistency of sand. If you don't have a food processor, combine all dry ingredients and then cut butter in with two knives, until you reach the right consistency. Set aside in fridge.
- Combine sliced peaches, brown and white sugars, lemon juice and cardamon and cinnamon.
- Pour fruit into a greased 8-inch square pan, sprinkle topping over fruit and bake for 30 minutes at 375 degrees until golden brown. Serve with vanilla ice cream.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Cardamom