If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In this increment weather, who's screaming for ice cream full of warm spices? - SanuraJamila
Makes 1 quart
Vanilla Chai Ice Cream
- 1 cup organic, whole milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon grated or ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups organic heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Banana Pecan Bread
- 3 to 4 overripe bananas
- 1/4 cup melted butter, cooled (or use good quality olive oil)
- 1/2 to 3/4 cups sugar, amount is based on personal taste
- 1/4 cup coconut
- 1 cup white flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 to 2 cups pecans or any nut; roughly chopped and more for garnish
- Directions for making Vanilla Chai Ice Cream: 1. Warm the milk and spices in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Whisk the eggs with the sugar in a separate bowl. 2. Slowly add warm milk by an eighth a cup to the egg mixture and continue to whisk. 3. Pour the milk and egg mixture back into the saucepan and heat slowly over medium-low heat until thickened. Stir mixture constantly until it’s similar to a liquid pudding. Do not let the mixture boil! 4. Place mixture in a sealed container and chill in the refrigerator for a few hours. 5. Add chill egg and milk mixture to a bowl. Whisk in cream and vanilla to form the Vanilla Chai Ice Cream base. 6. Add base to your ice cream maker, and follow manufacturer’s directions. 7. Depending on the ice cream maker’s brand, if custard is similar to the texture of a slightly firm soft-serve ice cream, place custard in a sealed container in the freezer. Chill until firm.
- Directions for making Banana Pecan Bread: 1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a loaf pan. 2. In a large bowl, mash the bananas. 3. Mix in the remaining ingredients. 4. Pour banana batter into loaf pan. Garnish with nuts. 5. Place in the oven and bake from 50 minutes to one hour. 6. Let cool on a wire rack. 7. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Cardamom
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Cauliflower Gratin With Mornay Sauce