If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was adapted from "Confessions of a Cardamon Addict", a blog. Let me come clean - I despise this spice, but cook to satsify my loved ones and their tastes. I did like it and although this recipe didn't make me a convert, it's toasty cardamon flavor made me a superstar by loved ones, who love this spice. Here it is and hope you enjoy my version. - sexyLAMBCHOPx
- 1 pound thick bacon, chopped 1 inch
- 1 Yellow Onion, Sliced Thin
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, Chopped Medium
- 2 pounds Russet Potatoes, Chopped 1 inch
- 1 pound Napa Cabbage
- 1/2 pound Red Cabbage
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- Kosher Salt to Taste
- Fresh Cracked Pepper, to Taste
- 1 tablespoon Ground Cardamon
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1/2 cup Organic, Low-Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- Preheat Oven to 400 degrees.
- Rub cubed Russet Potaoes on baking sheet with 1 Tablespoon of olive oil and place on rimmed baking sheet. Cook for 40 minutes or until brown and crisp, tossing twice during cooking time.
- Place sliced bacon and onions in large skillet and brown with one tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil on medium heat, stirring often. Try to get the carmelization going - about 8 to 10 minutes. Add garlic, pinch of Kosher salt and cracked pepper and stir.
- Add Chicken Stock and increase stove heat to Medium-High.
- Add half of Cabbages and stir with tongs about 2-3 minutes. When it cooks down add the rest of cabbage.
- Add honey and stir for another 2 minutes.
- Finally add caradamon and cook another 2 minutes on medium heat.
- Serve immediately or keep warm in a 200 degree oven until serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Cardamom
Tags: serves a crowd