Author Notes: This recipe was adapted from "Confessions of a Cardamon Addict", a blog. Let me come clean - I despise this spice, but cook to satsify my loved ones and their tastes. I did like it and although this recipe didn't make me a convert, it's toasty cardamon flavor made me a superstar by loved ones, who love this spice. Here it is and hope you enjoy my version. - sexyLAMBCHOPx
- 1 pound thick bacon, chopped 1 inch
- 1 Yellow Onion, Sliced Thin
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, Chopped Medium
- 2 pounds Russet Potatoes, Chopped 1 inch
- 1 pound Napa Cabbage
- 1/2 pound Red Cabbage
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- Kosher Salt to Taste
- Fresh Cracked Pepper, to Taste
- 1 tablespoon Ground Cardamon
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1/2 cup Organic, Low-Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- Preheat Oven to 400 degrees.
- Rub cubed Russet Potaoes on baking sheet with 1 Tablespoon of olive oil and place on rimmed baking sheet. Cook for 40 minutes or until brown and crisp, tossing twice during cooking time.
- Place sliced bacon and onions in large skillet and brown with one tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil on medium heat, stirring often. Try to get the carmelization going - about 8 to 10 minutes. Add garlic, pinch of Kosher salt and cracked pepper and stir.
- Add Chicken Stock and increase stove heat to Medium-High.
- Add half of Cabbages and stir with tongs about 2-3 minutes. When it cooks down add the rest of cabbage.
- Add honey and stir for another 2 minutes.
- Finally add caradamon and cook another 2 minutes on medium heat.
- Serve immediately or keep warm in a 200 degree oven until serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Cardamom
Tags: serves a crowd