If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Food52 Review: I'm officially in love with cardamom. Who knew that those pretty green pods possessed the ability to transform a humble plain yogurt into a lovely little something that could make me go "Mmmm!" The subtle earthiness of the saffron plays well with the cardamom and adds a beautiful yellow color, while the bits of pistachio add a welcome and complimentary crunch. I made this three times with different types of greek yogurt, using three cardamom pods. Each yogurt varied a bit in density, so I added additional water to get it to a drinkable, yet still thick consistency. The most difficult part of making this was not eating it all before the flavors had a chance to blend. Next time, I'll double it for sure. —SwoonMySpoon
- 200-250 milliliters yogurt
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2-3 saffron threads
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 2-3 cardamom pods
- 1 tablespoon shelled pistachios
- + more pistachios to serve
- In a small bowl, crumble the saffron into 1 tablespoon of the water and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Whisk together the yogurt, powdered sugar, crushed cardamom seeds and crushed pistachios in a large bowl. Stir in the saffron and water mix. Combine well.
- Refrigerate, whisking a few times, until cold and brightly colored, about 1 hour. Pour into medium glasses and serve with some crushed pistachios on top.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Cardamom
This Week's Best #F52Farmstands
Things are feeling corny (and figgy and carroty and...)
This week's best #f52farmstands.
What to eat and listen to tonight.
We've got the summer blues.
Our recent favorite recipes.
Have a ball (jar).