If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have several Scandinavian-inspired lassi drinks from the summer. This version is really further simplified to showcase the partnership of green cardamom and lingonberry. You can also add unsweetened premium cocoa to the mix for interest. An ice cream version with the same combination of ingredients is in the works. - Sagegreen
- 3-4 green cardamom pods, divided
- 2 cups Greek yogurt, fage
- 1 cup buttermilk (for a thicker lassi, cut this amount in half)
- 4 tablespoons lingonberry preserves
- 2-3 tablespoons honey, sunflower preferred, to taste
- 1 tablespoon premium cocoa powder, for a variation
- 1/2 tablespoon Meyer's lemon zest
- 3 crushed ice cubes, optional
- dusting of cocoa powder for optional garnish
- Remove the cardamom seeds from the pods. Bruise and crush using a mortar and pestle, or grind with a spice mill. Pan fry for a few quick minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a blender pour in the yogurt, buttermilk, lingonberries, 1 tbl. honey to start, half the cardamom, lemon zest, and optional ice cubes. Taste for sweetness and adjust accordingly by adding more honey. For a variation add cocoa. Process.
- Pour into glasses and serve right away. Garnish with a sprinkle of remaining cardamom seeds on top, if you like. Or consider a dusting of cocoa powder for garnish as well.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Cardamom
Jam is a Liquid
And other things to keep in mind when traveling with food.
Do not pack these foods in your carry-on.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Let's get chopping.
Macerated strawberries, with a twist.
That was a close shave.