Author Notes: Spanish hot chocolate with an East Indian twist. - rciccia
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 3 Cardamom Pods
- 1 teaspoon Cornstarch (dissolved in small amount of water)
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 cups Water
- 10-12 ounces Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- Peel Cardamom. Reserve hulls. Grind cardamom seeds in to fine powder and set aside.
- In a sauce pan bring 2 cups water to a boil, with Cardamom hulls.
- Remove cardamom hulls.
- Add chocolate chips and cream to boiling water. Allow to dissolve completely.
- Add in cornstarch and whisk vigorously.
- Add cinnamon and ground cardamom seeds. As mixture rises to the top of the sauce pan, remove from heat, pour into cups and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Cardamom