If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My grandmother (she just turned 94) is from Berne, Switzerland and this is her recipe. She would use the smallest cookie cutters to make these cookies and I would spend hours in the kitchen helping her. My photo includes the cookies and my grandmothers rolling pin. - Foodie-isms
Makes a lot
- 1 bottle of dark Molasses
- 1 bottle of light molasses
- 1/2 pound butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 pound brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cardamom (I use more)
- 3 pounds flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Mix molasses (both bottles), butter, eggs, brown sugar, and cardamom.
- Then add flour and baking soda and combine.
- Cover and put in refrigerator for 3 days.
- When you are ready to start baking (after the third day) roll out the dough onto a floured surface. Keep unused dough cold until ready to roll. Use cookie cutters to cut out your shaped cookies.
- Bake at 375 for 7 minutes. Larger cookies will take a bit longer to bake.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Cardamom