If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have been adding cinnamon sticks to my roasted potatoes since reading Melissa Clark's recipe in the NY Times this past November. Inspired by this week's theme, I decided to add some cardamom to my potatoes this week, and I was not disappointed! These potatoes are wonderfully fragrant and savory. - kechin
- 1.5 pounds potatoes (red or yukon gold)
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom seeds
- 6 cardamom pods
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut potatoes into bite-sized chunks.
- On the stovetop, heat the olive oil in a pan. Add the cinnamon sticks, cardamom seeds, and cardamom pods. Stir and heat until the cinnamon sticks begin to unfurl. Be careful not to burn your spices! Remove pan from heat.
- Toss potatoes with the oil, cinnamon, and cardamom mixture. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer potatoes to a baking dish. Place in oven for 40 minutes, occasionally opening the oven and tossing the potatoes so that all the sides become golden.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Cardamom