If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A simple and delicious dish bursting with rich Moroccan and Mediterranean flavors! Feel free to substitute Lamb Shoulder with Beef Chuck or Chicken. - Chef Merlin
- 3 pounds Lamb Shoulder
- 1 teaspoon Ginger
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Coriander
- 1 teaspoon Ras-el-Hanout (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Onion
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 3 cups Chicken Stock
- 1 Orange (Rind & Juice)
- 1 cup Dates (Pitted and Halved)
- 1/2 cup Green Olives (Pitted and Halved)
- Olive Oil
- Preheat a Dutch Oven over medium heat and coat the bottom of the pan with olive oil. Dice the Lamb Shoulder in 1-inch cubes and season with the dry ingredients (Ginger, Cumin, Coriander, Ras-el-Hanout, Cinnamon, Salt, Pepper).
- Place the diced Lamb into the pot and sear on all sides for 5-8 minutes. Add 1 diced onion and 2 sliced cloves of garlic to the pot and saute with the lamb until soft.
- Add the chicken stock to the pot and lower heat to a simmer. Peel the rind off of the orange into long strips and then juice the orange. Add both the rind and the juice to the pot. Cover the pot with a lid and simmer for 1 1/2 hours-2 hours, until the lamb is tender.
- Once tender, add in the dates and olives and simmer for an additional 20-30 minutes. Taste for seasoning and add stick of cinnamon or additional orange rind if necessary.
- To thicken the liquid, remove the lamb from the pot, and turn heat to high for 5-10 minutes until sauce is reduced. Garnish with some cilantro or a dollop of Greek yogurt.
- Serve over couscous and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Citrus & Olives
Have a Brew-ti-ful Day
Shop our newest caffeinated collection.
Everything you need for coffee and tea.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
A list of things we like.
Home & design links we love.
Add flower power to your espresso.