If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love the flavors of tagines with chicken and lamb. With this contest, I thought immediately about recreating the flavors of my lamb tagine with a little touch of the flavors of the Silver Palate's Chicken Marbella and pairing it with fish. I went with wild-caught Alaskan halibut (Monterey Bay Aquarium "Best Choice") because that's what looked good today, but I think this would also work well with hake or mahi mahi. You could also use it as a condiment such as with cold sliced leftover chicken or pork roast. To pair this with fish, I'd use about 1.25 lbs of fish, salted and peppered, then seared in a pan on the cooktop and finished in a 450 degree oven for a few minutes, depending on thickness. - healthierkitchen
Serves 3 or 4
- 4 ounces Castelvetrano, Cerignola or other fruity green olives, rinsed and dried then pitted and roughly chopped (no favorites, but I use Merrill's knive method for pitting)
- 1/2 cup pitted dried plums (prunes), about 9 or 10 regular sized ones, roughly chopped to about the same size as the olives
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons orange zest, orange reserved for juice and garnish (I used a Cara Cara orange)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon plus two teaspoons juice squeezed from the orange
- 1 tablespoon plus one teaspoon best quality olive oil
- pinch salt
- couple of grinds of black pepper (or grains of paradise if you have them)
- Place all ingredients in bowl, pretty much in this order, and mix gently with a spoon. Let sit for about one half hour to an hour to let the flavors come together well.
- If you wish, serve as a bed or atop some fleshy white fish, garnish with a slice of peeled orange and enjoy.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Citrus Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Citrus & Olives
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.