If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I've been making these potatoes for years and love to serve them with slow roasted Greek chicken. The olives mellow out with the long roasting... - inpatskitchen - inpatskitchen
Food52 Review: This is such a fabulous recipe that I plan to commit it to memory and to keep pitted kalamata olives on hand at all times. These roasted potatoes are so simple to make but the amazing flavor (garlic + lemon + kalamatas) will haunt you until every last melting potato wedge has been devoured. They would pair well with roasted chicken, broiled fish, or grilled lamb chops. Definitely an Editors' Pick! - AppleAnnie
Serves 4 as a side
- 5 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into thick wedges
- 1/2 cup water ( plus more if needed)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- A 1/2 cup kalamata olives ( about 25 -30) pitted
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped parsley (optional)
- Thoroughly combine all ingredients and layer them evenly in a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- Roast at 400F for 30 minutes. If at this point the potatoes seem dry, add another 1/2 cup of water.
- Turn the potatoes and roast for 30 more minutes. Serve sprinkled with the parsley, if desired.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Citrus Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Root Vegetable Side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Citrus & Olives