Author Notes: I've been making these potatoes for years and love to serve them with slow roasted Greek chicken. The olives mellow out with the long roasting... - inpatskitchen - inpatskitchen
Food52 Review: This is such a fabulous recipe that I plan to commit it to memory and to keep pitted kalamata olives on hand at all times. These roasted potatoes are so simple to make but the amazing flavor (garlic + lemon + kalamatas) will haunt you until every last melting potato wedge has been devoured. They would pair well with roasted chicken, broiled fish, or grilled lamb chops. Definitely an Editors' Pick! - AppleAnnie
Serves 4 as a side
- 5 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into thick wedges
- 1/2 cup water ( plus more if needed)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- A 1/2 cup kalamata olives ( about 25 -30) pitted
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped parsley (optional)
- Thoroughly combine all ingredients and layer them evenly in a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- Roast at 400F for 30 minutes. If at this point the potatoes seem dry, add another 1/2 cup of water.
- Turn the potatoes and roast for 30 more minutes. Serve sprinkled with the parsley, if desired.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Citrus Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Root Vegetable Side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Citrus & Olives