If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Instead of lamb or chicken that requires hours of marinating and stewing, this salmon tagine is as quick and light as the cous cous it sits upon. Made with olives, oranges, eggplant, zucchini, and apricots, this dish is easy, healthy, and fragrantly spiced. —robinbeth
- 1.5 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon tumeric
- 2 cinnamon sticks, broken into large pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 cardamon pods
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped (2 cups)
- 5 cloves garlic, finely minced (1 tablespoon)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 zucchini, chopped in half moons (2 cups)
- 1 small, slender eggplant, chopped in quarter moons (2 cups)
- 1/3 cup dried apricots, roughly chopped
- 1.5 cups green olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1 navel orange, thinly sliced
- 1.5 pounds salmon filet or steak, cut into large chunks
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 handful flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Toast the spices over medium heat in the bottom of a dry 4-6 quart Dutch oven. Shake the pan continually for a few minutes. Once the spices become fragrant, mix in the olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Add the onion, garlic, and ginger to the spice mixture and cook for a few minutes, until the onions soften.
- Mix in the zucchini, eggplant, apricots, and olives. Pour in orange juice and toss mixture well. Gently fold in the salmon chunks and parsley and top tagine with orange slices.
- Cover and allow tagine to simmer gently for 10-15 minutes, until salmon is still tender and pink inside. Serve over cous cous, spooning plenty of the sauce on top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Citrus & Olives
No Laffy Matter
How to make peanut butter salt water taffy
How to make salt water taffy.
Independence Day, the no-recipe way.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.