If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I was tired of my meatloaves being dry and boring. So after experimenting, I think I have perfected one. I usually make too much, so the last few times I've either divided it in two and frozen one, or made some meatballs to use later.
The celery and carrots keep the loaf moist and add color. It has always turned out good since I started adding them.
Most of these measurements are approximate. - zwerkowitch
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 pound ground sausage
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1 stalk celery, chopped fine
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped fine
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- black pepper
- 3-4 dashes hot sauce or cayenne pepper
- 2 eggs- lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup dried breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Put all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add the eggs, followed by breadcrumbs, last.
- Mix with hands. If it seems to fall apart to easily, add more breadcrumbs or add plain oatmeal
- Divide mixture in two. Form one half into a loaf and place in a roasting pan. Bake for 1-1.5 hours. The other can be cooked as a loaf or meatballs now, or frozen as-is for cooking later.