If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Vindaloo is an Asian curry dish from the region of Goa and Kerala . It is popular globally in its Anglo-Indian form as a staple of curry house menus, often renowned as a particularly spicy dish, though it is not necessarily always the hottest available. The name Vindaloo is derived from the Portuguese dish "Carne de Vinha d' Alhos", which is a dish of meat, usually pork - pauljoseph
- Pork 1 kg
- Tamarind Pulp 2 tsp
- Kashmir red Chili (seed removed and crushed) 2 tbsp
- Garlic 5 pod
- Cumin Seed 1 tsp
- Mustard 2 tsp
- Kuskus 2 tsp
- Turmeric ½ tsp
- Raisins 2 tbsp
- Black Pepper powder ½ tsp
- Vinegar ½ cup
- Grated Molasses 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Sliced onion 2 cup
- Cinnamon 1 stick
- Cloves 6
- Grind together the kuskus ,cinnamon, chili ,mustard, turmeric, tamarind ,raisin ,garlic, cumin and pepper.
- Cut the pork into square pieces.
- In a frying pan Fry the pork pieces and let it fry in its on fat till brown. Keep it aside.
- Into the same pan fry the onion (If there is enough fat add more oil),when it brown add the ground masala and stair for few minute .
- Mix the fried pork with the masala and cook for five minute
- Now add 2 cups of hot water and vinegar mix well.
- Cover and cook in low flame till the gravy thicken then add the molasses .
- Cook for few more minute.
- Usually we keep the vindaloo cool for 12 hours then reheat and use that is much tastier.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chili Pepper Recipe