Author Notes: Vindaloo is an Asian curry dish from the region of Goa and Kerala . It is popular globally in its Anglo-Indian form as a staple of curry house menus, often renowned as a particularly spicy dish, though it is not necessarily always the hottest available. The name Vindaloo is derived from the Portuguese dish "Carne de Vinha d' Alhos", which is a dish of meat, usually pork - pauljoseph
- Pork 1 kg
- Tamarind Pulp 2 tsp
- Kashmir red Chili (seed removed and crushed) 2 tbsp
- Garlic 5 pod
- Cumin Seed 1 tsp
- Mustard 2 tsp
- Kuskus 2 tsp
- Turmeric ½ tsp
- Raisins 2 tbsp
- Black Pepper powder ½ tsp
- Vinegar ½ cup
- Grated Molasses 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Sliced onion 2 cup
- Cinnamon 1 stick
- Cloves 6
- Grind together the kuskus ,cinnamon, chili ,mustard, turmeric, tamarind ,raisin ,garlic, cumin and pepper.
- Cut the pork into square pieces.
- In a frying pan Fry the pork pieces and let it fry in its on fat till brown. Keep it aside.
- Into the same pan fry the onion (If there is enough fat add more oil),when it brown add the ground masala and stair for few minute .
- Mix the fried pork with the masala and cook for five minute
- Now add 2 cups of hot water and vinegar mix well.
- Cover and cook in low flame till the gravy thicken then add the molasses .
- Cook for few more minute.
- Usually we keep the vindaloo cool for 12 hours then reheat and use that is much tastier.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chili Pepper Recipe