If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These cookies are kind of a big deal. It's my grandmother's recipe. She has many leather bound books... But seriously, make them and you'll never go back to oatmeal-less variations. And people will love you.
You can use whatever "strengths" of chocolate you want; I roll exclusively with semi-sweet myself. For the 8 ounces grated chocolate, you can alternatively shave baking chocolate with a knife instead of grating if you hate grating chocolate. The batter won't be as chocolatey throughout, but it's still tasty, and it's easier to judge browning. —PeachyCallahan
Makes 6 dozen. yes, you want that many.
- 1 pound butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 8 ounces semi sweet chocolate, grated
- 5 cups quick cooking oatmeal, ground to powder
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 24 ounces chocolate chips
- 3 cups chopped roasted pecans, optional
- Preheat over to 375
- Cream butter and sugars together
- Add eggs, vanilla, and grated chocolate
- In a separate bowl, combine ground oatmeal, flour, soda, and salt.
- Gradually add flour mixture to creamed mixture, combining well.
- Add chocolate chips and nuts, if using.
- If baking: Place golf-ball sized mounds 2" apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 6-10 minutes or until edges are solid and just beginning to brown. Allow to cool on cookie sheet until firm(ish).
- If freezing: place golf-ball sized mounds on a cookie sheet and freeze until no longer sticky. Store in an airtight container in the freezer. Bake without thawing as described above. Cooking time is usually about 2 minutes more.
In Queso Were Wondering
Cashews is the mvp of vegan ingredients
This queso is nuts.
How to keep shelves tidy.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
Genius recipes for a genius Labor Day.
Get your shine on.