If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I'm, Italian, Sicilian, german and Swedish...a real fondue pot! I love cheese, especially gooey melted cheese. And nothing says Italian like melty gooey Italian Fondue!
I get the Brenta cheese from the Itaian Connection http://www.italianconnectionusa.com/contents/en-us/d23.html#p1748 it's decious plain or in fondue... - kristy49
- 1 pound Gorgonzola
- 1 pound Brenta Stagionato Cheese or can use Provolone
- 1 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pinch fine white pepper
- Chop cheese and combine with milk and soak for 4 hours.
- Drain cheese and discard milk. Mix cheese with eggs and butter in the fondue pot and heat gently, stirring. The cheese should melt, but do not boil or eggs will curdle.
- Season with pepper. When mixture is thick and smooth, transfer to a cnadle warmer.Reallygood with crusty Italian bread, sour dough bread, assorted wild and button mushroom slices.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fondue
Jam is a Liquid
And other things to keep in mind when traveling with food.
Do not pack these foods in your carry-on.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Let's get chopping.
Macerated strawberries, with a twist.
That was a close shave.