If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Easy to make and a great party food! Serve it with bread cubes, chunks of grilled meats, blanched broccoli or cauliflower florets, fingerling potatoes. - Viviane Bauquet Farre
- Viviane Bauquet Farre
Food52 Review: This velvety smooth fondue is a classic with a kick. Smokey chipotles add as much or as little spice as you would like and the tequila gives a boozy punch. Served with Viviane's suggestions, cubed bread, blanched broccoli or cauliflower and steamed potatoes, this makes for a fun and satisfying meal! - jvcooks
Makes 2 cups (4 servings)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup Reposado Tequila or Mezcal
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese – coarsely grated
- 12 ounces aged Fontina cheese – coarsely grated
- 2 to 3 teaspoons chipotle in spicy adobo sauce, to taste – puréed
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 sourdough or whole wheat baguette – cut in 1/2” cubes
- Place the cornstarch and the Tequila in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Place the wine in a medium saucepan and heat over medium-high heat. As soon as the wine starts to simmer, gradually add the grated cheese and whisk constantly until completely melted and smooth. Reduce heat to medium and add the cornstarch/Tequila mixture, chipotle and salt (careful not to dribble on the stove now, alcohol is very flammable!). Continue to whisk for 1 to 2 minutes until slightly thickened. Remove from heat.
- Place the cheese mixture in a fondue bowl with a flame under it to keep it warm. Serve with long fondue forks and the bread cubes or other morsels of your choice.
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Wooden Bird's House
For your feathered friends.