Author Notes: We make fondue a lot at our house, standing around the kitchen laughing and eating while dinner is cooking. Generally anything goes when it comes to what goes in the pot. This was what we concocted on Valentines Day this year, it was a hit with adults and kids alike! - cauner
- 12 ounces beer, any kind based on personal preferences
- 12 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces white cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon horseradish dip or wasabi paste
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced dried onions
- 2 bacon slices, cooked and chopped
- Heat beer in fondue pot to just under boiling.
- Shred cheeses, toss with flour to coat.
- Slowly stir cheese into beer, melt together and add remaining ingredients.
- Serve with baguettes, granny smith apples or vegetables.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fondue