Author Notes: One reason I love making simple syrup is because it's so versatile. I made a Spiced Peach Syrup for the specific purpose of making this soda but it is also great on pancakes, waffles, over ice cream or even drizzled on a piece of buttered toast! I have a few secret ingredients that I like to use in my syrup, but I will give the most simple version here for you to enjoy!
(I will have a picture up soon!) - TheFriendlyFoodieGirl
Makes 1 delicious cup of soda
Spiced Peach Syrup
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- 1 dash Ground Cloves
- 1 dash Cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons Peach Schnapps
- Combine water and sugar in medium sized sauce pan
- Turn heat onto high and bring to a boil while stirring constantly
- Once mixture has been brought to a boil turn heat down to simmer and add Ground Cloves, Cinnamon, and Peach Schnapps.
- Turn heat up to medium and stir until syrup thickens slightly.
- Allow to cool a bit before using or serving. Extra syrup can be stored in an airtight container once it has cooled.
Spiced Peach Soda
- 1 cup Club Soda
- 3 tablespoons Spiced Peach Syrup
- Measure syrup out into glass.
- Pour cold Club soda over syrup.
- Stir gently until mixed
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Soda Fountain Recipe