If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A traditional cream pudding from Lebanon flavored with rose water and orange blossom water and garnished with ground pistachios —Taste of Beirut
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 3 ounces cream cheese spread
- 3 pieces mastic
- 2 teaspoons rose water
- 2 teaspoons orange blossom water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons ground pistachios
- Heat 1 1/2 cup of the milk, sugar, cream cheese till sugar and cheese is melted and dissolved
- Add the cornstarch to remaining milk and stir to dissolve
- When milk mixture starts steaming, add the cornstarch mixture
- Stir continuously until thick, adding the ground mastic and flavorings at the end
- Strain through a sieve into small bowls and cool uncovered in the fridge
- While the pudding is cooling, prepare the syrup by boiling water and sugar in a saucepan
- After a few minutes of boiling, add the lemon juice and boil the syrup for a total of 12 minutes
- Remove from the heat and add the flavoring then cool the syrup
- Present the syrup on the side when serving the pudding
- When ready to serve the pudding, garnish with a sprinkling of ground pistachios on top
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pudding
A Bagel & Lox, In Salad Form
This is (crème) fraîche
Bagel and lox, in a salad.
Churn with confidence.
Savor the season.
Tennessee whiskey is the tops.
Orange you sweet.