If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I made this for Valentine's Day for my husband -- it's delicious by itself or with a little whipped cream, shaved chocolate (or if you're a peanut butter freak too, a dollop of warmed peanut butter). - Sundayinthekitchen
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/4 cup sugar, separated
- 1/4 cup Dutch processed cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup AP flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (kosher would work too)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (freshly ground is best)
- 1/4 cup soy milk (or regular milk)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sour cream or creme fraiche
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon brewed coffee, to enhance chocolate flavor
- sprinkles of sea salt for garnish
- powdered sugar for garnish
- • Spray four ramekins or small baking vessels with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- • In small bowl, whisk together 2 TBSP sugar and 2 TBSP cocoa powder. Set aside.
- • Whisk flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and the remaining 2 TBSPs sugar and cocoa powder in medium bowl.
- • Whisk soy milk, butter, sour cream, egg yolk and vanilla in small bowl until smooth. Pour into flour mixture, stirring until everything is incorporated and smooth. Don’t over-mix because the gluten in the flour will start to perk up and develop, making the finished product taste gummy. Mix in the chocolate chips.
- • Spoon out batter into the sprayed ramekins. Top with cocoa mixture. Pour boiling water and coffee on top. Pop in oven and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle sea salt and powdered sugar on top and serve with or without whipped cream, ice cream, etc.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pudding
Prep Makes Perfect
Put your best pan forth.
Prep your pans for perfection.
Make better coffee.
Breakfast: a worldly affair.
An Instameet by the Bay (Area).
Stop the soap opera.