If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Varying my key lime pie recipe I am making a stove top version as a pudding. This creamy smooth pudding, so refreshing with its clear, strong citrus focus, has a slight texture added by the zest. A homemade graham cracker would be a perfect additional garnish. - Sagegreen
- 6 egg yolks
- 14 ounces condensed milk
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed key lime juice
- 2 tbl. zest of key limes (more or less, to your taste)
- creme fraiche, whipped cream or toasted meringue garnish
- key lime wheels for garnish
- Be sure to wash your key limes before using. Then whisk the egg yolks with the condensed milk and key lime juice.
- Using a double boiler or heavy sauce pan with attentive, careful, constant stirring, bring almost to a boil. Continue to stir as the pudding simmers slowly and thickens. When thickened, stir in the lime zest and heat for 2 more minutes.
- Pour into individual serving dishes. Place cut parchment paper on top to prevent a skin from forming. Let cool. Serve chilled with a garnish of creme fraiche or whipped cream and fresh key lime wheels. Alternatively, you can top with egg whites beaten stiff with a little sugar then toasted under the broiler until browned or torched. If you could serve this with a homemade graham cracker, it would be just like a pudding pie.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pudding
A Genius Dinner Party: Part 2
Of course, it involves no-knead pizza dough.
A genius dinner party: part 2
A list of things we like.
Home & design links we love.
Fact: Kids love pizza.
Mortar and pestle perfection.