If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These lace cookies contain ground almonds, by the way. I love almonds, they’re good and good for you! They’re good for your heart and packed with antioxidants and nutrients.
I found a great recipe for classic lace cookies, but decided to take a fresh and uplifting spin on it by adding freshly grated lemon zest to the batter. - Allison from Haute Box
Makes 3 dozen
- 1/2 cup raw ground almonds
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup organic unrefined sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup all-purpose wheat flour
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- Zest from one lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, combine the butter, sugar and corn syrup. Stir often until the butter is melted and the sugar dissolves. Increase the heat to medium-high, stir constantly and bring to a boil. Once the contents begin to boil, remove from the heat. Stir in the flour and salt until well incorporated. Finally, stir in the ground almonds, lemon zest and vanilla extract.
- Using a teaspoon, drop the batter onto the baking sheet. Bake the cookies until evenly light brown, about 10 minutes. At the 5-minute mark, turn the baking sheet around in the oven to ensure even baking. The cookies won’t begin to spread till about 6 minutes into baking.
- Cover a cooling rack with paper towels. When the cookies are done baking, place them on the paper-toweled covered wire rack and let cool.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
Our latest fixations.
The recipes we've tested and loved.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
What's in, what's out.
Wedding registry must haves.