If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My mom made the BEST cheesecake (You know the one...cream cheese layer, sour cream layer, whipped cream layer). I make it now and then but I'm not a great baker so sometimes it's just not right. I wanted to incorporate all the flavors of this into an easy dessert and came upon this.. - inpatskitchen - inpatskitchen
Food52 Review: Inpatskitchen gives us a really easy recipe to simulate a symphony of all the flavors of cheesecake. The recipe comes together very simply. The first step of adding just a tad of gelatin to the whipped cream helps stabilize the cream (as if it was going to last a long time). Well, if you like cheesecake and you like pudding, you will absolutely love this recipe. The resulting creamy, light and tangy flavors, really rings true to real cheesecake, too. The baked crunchy graham topping is a great contrast in texture. As a variation, I also prepared some topping using ginger snaps and liked that as well. This recipe is a delightful breeze to make; I recommend it as an Editors' Pick. - Sagegreen
Serves 10 to 12
- 8 ounces heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon gelatin
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/3 cup cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl, sprinkle the heavy whipping cream with the gelatin and whip until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- For the topping, mix the crumbs, melted butter, and 2 teaspoons sugar in a small baking dish and bake at 350F for 20 minutes. Cool.
- Cream together the mascarpone, cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla. Thoroughly stir in the sour cream.
- Fold the whipped cream into the cheese mixture and chill.Serve in small dessert dishes, each sprinkled with a teaspoon of the graham cracker crumb mixture.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Vanilla
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pudding
Not Your Average (Garlic Cheddar) Biscuit
Yes, you need another biscuit recipe.
Why You Need Yet Another Biscuit Recipe.
Fresh beer, anywhere.
9 Ways to Celebrate the Royal Baby
What to Do With Marjoram
Go play outside!