If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A beloved family recipe to warm the tummy and the heart on cold winter's nights. Despite the name of this pudding, it is sure to become a regularly requested dessert in your family as it was in mine growing up. - foodfanatic
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the beaten egg and apricot preserves.
- Dissolve the baking soda in the milk.
- Sift the dry ingredients and add to the butter/sugar mixture alternating with the milk.
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 11/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Combine the ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Place the syrup in a glass or ceramic baking dish and swirl it to cover the bottom of the dish.
- Pour the pudding batter over the syrup but do not mix it .
- Bake at 350 F for 45 minutes.
- Serve drizzled with heavy cream.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pudding
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
A well-rounded bud vase.
The Best Cinnamon Rolls