If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is simply the best panna cotta I've ever had. Don't think the yogurt is in there for any healthful reasons, it's there to lend a slightly sour flavor. Really this dessert is about it's silky consistency. Using an excellent quality whole milk yogurt and whipping cream (not ultra-pasteurized) is essential as is using bakers gelatin sheets. Personally I think powdered gelatin has a bitter flavor to it. You can buy them on line or in a well stocked gourmet store. Served with fresh berries this is divine. —flavoristabarr
For the Panna Cotta
- 4 1/2 sheets of gelatin (gelatin is sold in 1/2 sheet size)
- 3 1/2 cups heavy cream (I used Farmers Creamery)
- 1 Vanilla Bean, split in half lengthwise, scrap out the seeds
- 1 cup light (Regular sugar will work too) Brown Sugar
- 2 cups whole milk yogurt (Traderspoint Creamy)
For the Fruit
- 1 cup freshly sliced strawberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup sugar of your choice
- Place the heavy cream and the vanilla bean into a medium sauce pan over medium heat. Bring to a boil; watch the pot so that it doesn’t boil over. Remove from heat. Scrap the insides of the vanilla bean into the cream and stir well.
- Place 4 of the gelatin sheets into a large pan filled with cool water. Let "bloom" or soften for 5 minutes.
- Once the cream is turned off and only slightly warm, pick the gelatin sheets out of the water bath and place them into the cream and stir.
- Stir the brown sugar, and yogurt into the cream. Mix gently, but well.
- Using a fine sieve, strain the mixture into ramekins. Immerse the ramekins into a cold water bath. Place in the refrigerator and allow to set. This takes about 3 hours.
- Place the prepare berries into a bowl and sprinkle the sugar over them. Allow the juices to run making a light sauce. Panna Cotta also makes a very good breakfast, what a divine way to start the day!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pudding
Butter is better, Jacques Pépin, and more
Last day for free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
This month's most pinned recipes.
Savor the season.