If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I've fallen in love with the layering of this recipe years ago, not knowing what to do with so much fresh salmon given to me by my Norwegian friend. Then, inspired by brazilian cooking, I love this one pot meal and the flexibility of this dish. Depending on what I have at the house I'll throw it all in and let it braise for awhile as I'm working. Also a great leftover to freeze for a busy day. - FrancesRenHuang
- 1 pound salmon, fillet and cut into chunks (or any other fish)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cumin powder, toasted
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon flake sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 7 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 white onions, sliced thinly into rings
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced into rings
- 2 juicy tomatoes, sliced into rings
- 1 can of coconut milk, 14 ounce
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped
- fresh pressed olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 sweet potato, scrubbed clean and cut into chunks (optional)
- Mix the first part of the ingredient and set aside in the fridge for at least 2 hours, or up to 24 hours.
- In a crock pot (or clay pot), lay the first layer: onions, (sweet potato) bell peppers, tomatoes, and fish; drizzle with olive oil and season a bit with salt and pepper; layer again until ingredients are used up, 2~3 layers.
- Pour the can of coconut oil on top of the layers and spread a generous layer of chopped cilantro; simmer for at least a hour, or until fish is cooked and vegetables are melting into the milk.
- Serve with rice, grilled sweet potato, or the actual sweet potato already in the pot. Add some fresh cilantro and a squeeze of lime; enjoy.
You're the Best, Forget the Rest
The World's 50 Best Restaurants have nothin' on these recipes.
The best restaurant? Your kitchen.
Orecchiette with a bite.
Treats for your beach bag.
These are mmmpanadas.
You won't be board with this game.