If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I’ve made Meyer Lemon Pot de Crèmes several times and think they’re delicious but I was looking for something a little homier when I came up with this recipe. I also wanted to use my small Chinese to-go boxes and knew they wouldn’t stand up to a water bath. Voilà, pudding adapted from an old copy of “Joy of Cooking”. For kids lunches pack in something a little sturdier like small Tupperware, Gladware, etc. - Angela @ the well-worn apron —Angela @ the well-worn apron
Food52 Review: A delicate vanilla pudding base is the canvas for tangy, sweet Meyer lemons. The flecks of zest throughout the pudding and sprinkled on top keep it light and refreshing. If you're new to making pudding, this is a great recipe to try since the directions are very exact. —broccolirose
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Meyer Lemon zest
- 4 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 teaspoons Meyer Lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Additional zest for garnish (optional)
- Mix sugar, cornstarch, salt and lemon zest in the top of a double boiler or a metal bowl you can set over boiling water. While mixing, slowly add milk and place over (not touching) boiling water. Stir constantly until mixture begins to thicken. About 10 minutes. Cover and cook 10 more minutes.
- Whisk together Meyer lemon juice and eggs. Stir about 1 cup of hot milk into eggs and add to milk over hot water. Stir constantly and cook for 2 minutes. Don’t overcook. Remove from heat, stir gently until slightly cooled, and add vanilla.
- Continue stirring over an ice bath and pour into individual to-go containers and refrigerate until cold and somewhat firm. If desired, garnish with long thin Meyer Lemon zest.
This May Be the Best Thing You Can Do with Zucchini
A genius make-ahead summer side
A genius zucchini dish.
Is your cilantro contaminated?
It's time to travel.
Do this for better cold brew.