If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was created because I love maraschino cherries and had just made some jelly which seemed like a great flavor for panna cotta. It is delicious, creamy and looks so impressive but really has few ingredients and is very simple. You can mold or serve in a pretty glass in regular or mini sizes. - simplycooking101
Serves 4-8 depending on serving size
Maraschino Cherry Jelly
- 1 cup maraschino cherry juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons liquid fruit pectin
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon unflavored powdered gelatin (1 package)
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Mix the sugar and juice and bring to a full roiling boil and let it boil for 2-3 minutes. Add the pectin and boil for another minute. Pour into jars and sterilize, or if you intend to use it right away, pour into a clean container and refrigerate. Make sure to do this step at least 1 day in advance to give the jelly time to set.
- Add the milk to a small microwave safe bowl and add the gelatin. Let sit for 5 minutes, then microwave for 30 seconds, checking and whisking after 15. The gelatin should be dissolved but if not, heat in 5 second increments until it does.
- In a medium bowl, add the milk/gelatin mixture, cream, honey and salt then microwave for about 2 minutes until the mixture is warm but not boiling and the honey has dissolved. Add the almond extract and set aside for 5-10 minutes to cool slightly.
- If the jelly is to thick, warm in the microwave for a few seconds, then pour a layer into your serving glass. If you intend to use a mold, spray with vegetable spray first, if you are going to use a glass, there is no need to spray.
- Add a layer of the cream mixture over the jelly and refrigerate until it sets, then add another thin layer of jelly on top or you could add a chocolate layer (use slightly warmed hot fudge sauce), Of course the final step is some maraschino cherries!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pudding
Our latest fixations.
The recipes we've tested and loved.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
What's in, what's out.
Wedding registry must haves.