If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A brownie baked inside of a chocolate chip cookie, genius! The recipe is so easy to make, just a few simple buttery steps to follow.
The most important part is chilling the cookie dough – if it’s too warm, the brownies won’t fit in nicely. —AllieRazal
- 1 packet Brownie Mix
- 2 3/4 cups Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup Softened butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake the brownies according to the directions on the box, cut into 1 inch squares and set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
- In another large bowl, mix together softened butter and sugar until smooth (you don’t need any electric mixers – I did this one by hand!). Beat in the egg and vanilla. Gradually, blend the dry ingredients, 1/2 cup of flour at a time. Make sure it’s well mixed.
- Chop the chocolate into chunks and mix into the cookie dough. Cover with plastic and put in the fridge for at least one hour to chill – you want to work with cool dough because warmish dough becomes messy and unruly.
- With a big spoon, take a handful of cookie dough and place on a cookie sheet (ideally with parchment paper, but who really has that?). Press a piece of brownie to the center and gently work the remaining dough around the brownie, shaping it in your hand to make a ball-ish formation.
- Bake for about 10 – 15 minutes until golden brown.
Why Our Vegan Cookbook is for Everyone
Whether you're a meat eater, tofu lover, or in-between
A vegan cookbook for everyone—really.
What to eat and listen to tonight.
We've got the summer blues.
Our latest #f52contest: back-pocket baking.
Have a ball (jar).