Author Notes: A brownie baked inside of a chocolate chip cookie, genius! The recipe is so easy to make, just a few simple buttery steps to follow.
The most important part is chilling the cookie dough – if it’s too warm, the brownies won’t fit in nicely. - AllieRazal
- 1 packet Brownie Mix
- 2 3/4 cups Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup Softened butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake the brownies according to the directions on the box, cut into 1 inch squares and set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
- In another large bowl, mix together softened butter and sugar until smooth (you don’t need any electric mixers – I did this one by hand!). Beat in the egg and vanilla. Gradually, blend the dry ingredients, 1/2 cup of flour at a time. Make sure it’s well mixed.
- Chop the chocolate into chunks and mix into the cookie dough. Cover with plastic and put in the fridge for at least one hour to chill – you want to work with cool dough because warmish dough becomes messy and unruly.
- With a big spoon, take a handful of cookie dough and place on a cookie sheet (ideally with parchment paper, but who really has that?). Press a piece of brownie to the center and gently work the remaining dough around the brownie, shaping it in your hand to make a ball-ish formation.
- Bake for about 10 – 15 minutes until golden brown.