If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My grandmother made this pudding for my Mom and my Mom made it for my brothers and I. It's a very versatile pudding. Slice ripe bananas into a graham cracker crust and pour cooled pudding over the top and you have the best banana cream pie! Add 3-6 Tablespoons of cocoa powder to the sugar and you have chocolate pudding for pudding in a cloud or chocolate pie! I use it to fill eclair shells and when my husband took these to class on Fridays he always got an A in the course. - michelle_kuhlman
Serves 4 or fills 1 pie
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/3 cup Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2 cups Milk
- 3 Egg yolks, beaten
- 2-4 tablespoons Butter
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- In a heavy sauce pan mix sugar, flour, and salt. Whisk till combined.
- Whisk in milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring till mixture boils and begins to thicken. Cook 3 more minutes.
- Temper eggs with 1/2 cup mixture and slowly add eggs to the pudding. Stir for a 1-2 minutes. Add butter and vanilla.
- Serve warm or cold.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pudding
Dumplings, No Recipe Required
Dumplings for one, dumplings for all.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Gluten-Free Strawberry Tart
Eclectic Truffle Chocolate Bars
Cuban-inspired recipes to cook now.