If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When I last visited my cousin in Colorado, after she whumped me in Scrabble, she made amends by preparing a batch of my aunt's yummy butterscotch pudding. Sitting outside, looking at the stars (and still smarting over her triple word play with a "z" and a "q") made it seem like we were kids again. (I'm the geeky one on the right in the photo). - wssmom
Serves 4-6, depending on the size of your custard dishes
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- nice pinch of salt
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- grated bittersweet chocolate, to garnish
- In a small saucepan, melt the sugar and the butter together, stirring constantly, until melted. Whisk in the cream bit by bit until dissolved, heat until bubbly. Set aside for a moment.
- In another small saucepan, mix the granulated sugar with the water and bring to a boil; when it turns golden, take off the heat and gradually add the cream mixture from step 1 bit by bit, whisking constantly.
- Return to the heat, add, and stir until mixed well, the milk and salt. Take off the heat whilst you combine the cornstarch and milk in a little tiny bowl. Return the butterscotch to medium heat, whisk in the cornstarch mixture and bring to a slow boil; reduce heat and simmer, whisking all the while, for a minute.
- Add the vanilla, stirring well; pour the pudding into small ramekins or custard dishes. and chill for at least two hours. Garnish with grated bittersweet chocolate.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pudding
How to Judge a Person by Their Ice Cream Choice
Are you a King Cone or a Klondike Bar?
Choose your ice cream wisely.
Brown butter Nutella skillet cookie.
Fire up the grill.
Festive Felt Barbecue Banners
Portable picnic snacks.