If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This comes straight from Joy of Cooking, but I've posted these instructions so many times in answer to pickles that I wanted to just post the damn recipe so I don't have to write it out every time! I generally use nartjees, a South African mandarin, for this instead of oranges and I'm contemplating trying it with my Meyer lemons, once they ripen! - innoabrd
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice
- 4 cups cold milk
- Combine the chopped zest and the sugar.
- Whisk the lemon and orange juice into the sugar until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- gradually stir in the milk. If the milk curdles slightly, it will not affect the texture after the sherbet is frozen.
- Freeze in the ice cream maker of your choice!
Have a Brew-ti-ful Day
Shop our newest caffeinated collection.
Everything you need for coffee and tea.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
A list of things we like.
Home & design links we love.
Add flower power to your espresso.