If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: For about the past 3 years I have been on the quest to find meyer lemons in the grocery store. I always saw recipes that included meyer lemons and I would get so frustrated when I could not find them. Any sane person would've just went to the internet but I was on a mission. So this past January I was in my local Fairway grocery and I saw them from across the room. I raced toward them and got two dozen having no idea what I was going to make with them I just had to have them! Since then I have made about 10 recipes using them and this is by far my favorite. Hope you like it. —singing_baker
Makes 3 4-inch tarts
Almond Shortbread Dough
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/3 cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 3 tablespoons Sugar
- 4 tablespoons Unsalted Butter, Cold
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 teaspoon Ice water
- Combine flour, almond flour, salt, and sugar in a food processor and pulse. Drop in Butter a Tablespoon at a time and pulse until combined. Do not over process! With machine running add egg yolk and water until it just comes together. Pat into a flat disc, wrap with plastic and refrigerate until firm.
- Roll out dough to an 1/8 inch thick. Cut out a 5 inch circle and fit into a 4 inch tart pan. Reroll scraps and repeat to more times. Put in Freezer until firm.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Take out tarts and prick bottoms with a fork. Put Squares of parchment onto tarts and fill with pie weights. Bake in oven for 12 minutes. Remove tartlets from oven and remove parchment and pie weights. Turn down oven temp to 350 and return tarts to oven and cook for 10 minutes more. set aside to cool.
Meyer Lemon filling and Meringue
- 4 eggs, 2 Eggs Seperated
- 1/4 cup Powdered sugar
- Zest of 1 Meyer Lemon
- 1/3 cup Meyer Lemon Juice Plus 2 Tablespoons
- 7 tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- Put 2 eggs, 2 egg yolks, powdered sugar, zest, and 1/3 cup juice in a bowl over simmering water. Whisk until thick. Take off heat and mix in butter a tablespoon at a time until all melted. Put in the fridge for 4-5 hours or until thick.
- Make meringue: Put Granulated sugar, egg whites and 2 Tablespoons lemon juice in a mixing bowl over simmering water. Whisk until hot and sugar has dissolved. Attach bowl to mixer and whisk until stiff peaks form.
- Assemble tarts: Spread Curd into tarts and pipe meringue on top in a decorative pattern. Use torch or broiler to brown tops.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)
No Laffy Matter
How to make peanut butter salt water taffy
How to make salt water taffy.
Independence Day, the no-recipe way.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.