If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A rustic tart stuffed with sauteed apples and fennel, caramelized onions, and blue cheese. —HealthyDelicious
- 1 pie crust
- 2 baking apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1/2 fennel bulb, chopped
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 ounces clue cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Set a medium sautee pan over medium heat. Add the apples and fennel and cook until just softened. Remove from heat.
- Roll out your dough into a 9-inch circle and transfer to a baking sheet. Arrange the apples and fennel on the center of the dough, leaving a border of at least 1 inch all the way around. Fold this border up and over, covering some of the filling. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a small pan over medium heat. Add the onion and reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring frequently, until the onions become soft and golden – about 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle the onions and cheese over the center of the galette and return to the oven. Bake an additional 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and crust if fully cooked.
- Cut into 8 wedges and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)
The Great Outdoors
Camping foods you'll want s'more of
The best camping foods.
Independence Day, the no-recipe way.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.