My favorite distraction is to cook. Though science and cooking/baking have a lot in common, I'm finding that each allows me to enjoy very different parts of my life. Cooking connects me with my heritage, my family, friends, and community. I'm really enjoying learning from the food52 community, who expose me to different ingredients and new ways to cook.
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
- Sea cucumber...yuck. Weird taste and texture.
- What do you cook when home alone?
- Salad with bacon and an over easy egg on top.
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
- My big red le creuset pot.
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is:
- Around here 8 adults usually come attached with 8 kids so I guess that means 16!