Each week, we’ll be sharing a comprehensive list of links to help you master something new in the kitchen. Culinary greatness, here you come.
Today: Everything you wanted to know about tomatoes.
After waiting all year long to sink our teeth into tomatoes, we rejoice at the first sight of a green zebra-striped heirloom or a tiny orange sungold at the farmers market. Once we've got an armful of tomatoes, we purée them into soup, coax them into sauce with onion and butter, and pile them atop crusty bread. (We've even been known to put tomatoes in cake from time to time.) Make the most of in-season tomatoes now, while you still have the chance. These links will help.
- True or false? Check out these six common tomato myths. (Bon Appétit.)
- Brush up on your tomato knowledge with this helpful guide. (Food52.)
- You shouldn't be scared of making sauce from fresh tomatoes. (Serious Eats.)
- Watch this video to learn how to core and seed tomatoes. (America's Test Kitchen.)
- Because summer won't last forever, you need to know which tomatoes are best for canning. (The Kitchn.)
What are your tips for cooking with tomatoes? Share them with us in the comments!