Each week, we’ll be sharing a comprehensive list of links to help you master a cooking technique. Culinary greatness, here you come.
Today: Cookies and cream come together in the ultimate no-bake summer dessert.
We’re slightly obsessed with icebox cake around here. It doesn’t ask much of you -- just a simple layering of thin cookies and whipped cream, left to chill in the fridge -- but it unfailingly delivers. This retro dessert can be updated with different cookie, whipped cream and shape variations, but the classic combination (Nabisco chocolate wafers and plain whipped cream, formed into a log) is always a winner. Now, start assembling! Just read these links first.
- If you’re feeling ambitious (or are lucky enough to have AC), bake your own cookies first. (Smitten Kitchen.)
- Since you’re going the DIY route, next, whip up some cream. (Serious Eats.)
- A few tips and tricks for reaching icebox cake perfection. (Fine Cooking.)
- And for the visual learners, an illustrated guide to building icebox cakes. (Chow.)
- Recipe, shmecipe: how to make any icebox cake in 5 steps. (Food52.)
What are your tips for making icebox cake? Tell us in the comments!