Each week, we’ll be sharing a comprehensive list of links to help you master a cooking technique. Culinary greatness, here you come.
Today: Make the most of the summer with as many outdoor meals as possible.
Dining outside has a magical way of making everything better. Whether you’re meeting friends for dinner in the park, taking a camping trip, or escaping the office for a quick lunch on the nearest bench, enjoying a meal outside is a simple luxury. Pack up some perfectly portable picnic foods, grab a bottle of wine, and head outside before the cold weather sets in. These links will help.
- A brief history of the age-old tradition of dining al fresco. (NPR.)
- Read these tips before packing up food to take with you. (Food52.)
- Stock your picnic basket with any (or all) of these essentials. (The New York Times.)
- Don’t forget a blanket to sit on! Here’s a handy one that doubles as a tote bag. (Food Republic.) Or, if you’re feeling crafty, follow this DIY tutorial. (Greatist.)
- Master these 10 picnic dishes and you'll never go wrong. (Food52.)
What are your tips for packing a picnic? Tell us in the comments!