If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Each week, we’ll be sharing a comprehensive list of links to help you master a cooking technique. Culinary greatness, here you come.
Today: Make the most of the summer with as many outdoor meals as possible.
Dining outside has a magical way of making everything better. Whether you’re meeting friends for dinner in the park, taking a camping trip, or escaping the office for a quick lunch on the nearest bench, enjoying a meal outside is a simple luxury. Pack up some perfectly portable picnic foods, grab a bottle of wine, and head outside before the cold weather sets in. These links will help.
- A brief history of the age-old tradition of dining al fresco. (NPR.)
- Read these tips before packing up food to take with you. (Food52.)
- Stock your picnic basket with any (or all) of these essentials. (The New York Times.)
- Don’t forget a blanket to sit on! Here’s a handy one that doubles as a tote bag. (Food Republic.) Or, if you’re feeling crafty, follow this DIY tutorial. (Greatist.)
- Master these 10 picnic dishes and you'll never go wrong. (Food52.)
What are your tips for packing a picnic? Tell us in the comments!
Genius Recipes for a Genius Labor Day
Beans! Pimento cheese! pies!
Genius recipes for a genius Labor Day.
Ways to a money-saving kitchen.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
The Hudson Valley's where it's at.
Get your shine on.