If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
There are so many great conversations on the Hotline -- it's hard to choose a favorite. But we'll be doing it, once a week, to spread the wealth of our community's knowledge -- and to keep the conversation going.
Today: Hold the wine -- we've got unique gift ideas to help you earn the title of "Best Guest Ever."
We all aspire to be better guests, and a little gift is a nice way to thank your host and earn a repeat invitation. Flowers are a lovely choice, unless you have to go over the river and through the woods, in which case you want something a little more travel-friendly. A bottle of wine is always a safe bet, but sometimes it helps to stand out and break away from the norm with a more unique token of your appreciation. When it's possible to plan ahead, we're partial to homemade food gifts -- Brette likes to give cookies packaged in a cute cookie tin.
- Arcane54 had guests arrive with a basket full of the the next day's breakfast: "a nice eggy dish to pop into the oven (it was a delicious cheesy item, too!) along with muffins, good butter, jam, and tea. After spending all afternoon cooking and the evening being "the hostess with the mostest," it was nice to have a ready breakfast for me and my overnight guests the next morning -- tasty, thoughtful and appreciated!"
- Greenstuff recommends a bottle of olive oil.
- Sdebrango received a beautifully packaged bottle of homemade spice blend from QueenSashy.
- Boulangere always has pots of herbs growing in the kitchen bay window -- tie a ribbon around one, and off you go.
- EmilyC suggests a Weck jar (or other cute jar) of homemade preserved lemons.
What do you think makes the perfect show of gratitude for a host or hostess? Give it to us in the comments!
Photo by Jennifer Causey