Each week, we’ll be sharing a comprehensive list of links to help you master something new in the kitchen. Culinary greatness, here you come.
Today: America's (meat) sweetheart takes center stage.
In honor of the Piglet, we're paying homage to The Other White Meat. From deli-sliced ham and barbecue ribs, to pork belly ramen and maple-bacon doughnuts, pork is both rooted in tradition and shines as a star of today's trends. Whether you're a staunch pork conservative (read: you don't stray too far from pork chops and apple sauce) or a nose-to-tail enthusiast, you'll want to read these links.
- A field guide to essential pork cuts. (America's Test Kitchen.)
- The key to better breakfasts? Curing and smoking your own bacon at home. (Food52.)
- Speaking of bacon, here's how to tell the difference between bacon, pancetta, and prosciutto. (The Kitchn.)
- Impress everyone with a perfect crown roast of pork. (Serious Eats.)
- Food for thought: Letting pigs eat and roam freely, in the woods, changes the taste of pork. (Modern Farmer.)
Pork lovers -- tell us your secrets in the comments!