A question about a recipe: Spiced Gløgg with Port Wine and Cointreau

121509f_681

I have a question about the recipe "Spiced Gløgg with Port Wine and Cointreau" from TasteFood.

asked almost 3 years ago
Chris_in_oslo

Whoops, I failed to ask the question. A&M's notes for this recipe say it doesn't reheat well. My own family recipe, which is fairly similar, specifically instructs to bring all ingredients an almost-boil, then to let it sit overnight for the flavors to meld. (It doesn't include the step of reducing the port, etc.) Anyone have any advice about reheating gløgg/glögg or other mulled wines?

Scan0004

Look at today's (12/11/11) New York Times Magazine -- it has you make a base with 1 bottle of wine by bringing it to a boil, then simmering, then adding 4 - 5 bottles of wine, resting, then reheating just to hot before serving.

Chris_in_oslo

Thanks, susan g. I don't know how I'd missed that one. it's interesting to see how much the recipes and also the methods vary. I decided to make my usual version (port, brandy, and wine) and drink it immediately (that will be tomorrow) as well as the next day (St. Lucia day in Sweden, which is more of a morning coffee event, but what the heck--I'm on a mission).