🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

A question about a recipe: Secret Cookies

Ss0330091415

I have a question about the recipe "Secret Cookies" from Veronica.
I tried to make these cookies and the dough came out very crumbly and dry. I was not able to make them work any ideas?

asked by mikelien almost 3 years ago

Wish I could answer--it sounds as though maybe you had too much flour? The dough is usually quite creamy, too soft to roll into a log etc. Did you use "dry measure" cups?

Chris_in_oslo

I just made them too, and mine were not quite crumbly and dry enough. I'd seen the jagged edges in the photos, so I cut back a little on the flour, hoping for a smoother edge. Instead, some of my stamps (I used some old punch cups and a pretty mustard jar) melted too much in cooking. I make a number of similar Swedish cookies every year, so I wasn't surprised. It's a fine balance. One way to combat the dry and crumbly tendency is to have the dough be a little warm, and to keep pushing it together a bit. Another way is to sprinkle it with a tiny bit water and work it in. I think they vary a the weather and with subtle differences in ingredients.

Chris_in_oslo

vary "with" the weather of course