🔎

A question about a recipe: Roasted Prime Rib with Sauteed Mushrooms and Mom's Creamy Horseradish Sauce

I have a question about the recipe "Roasted Prime Rib with Sauteed Mushrooms and Mom's Creamy Horseradish Sauce" from Waverly. I assume it rests in the oven with the heat turned off before final rest for 15 minutes on the counter?

Roasted_prime_rib_with_sauteed_mushrooms_and_mom_s_creamy_horseradish_sauce
In_live_blacksm
Logo-fb
Waverly added over 2 years ago

Hi, David. Remove the roast from the oven to rest. Cover it with foil so that it stays warm. The roast will continue to cook on its own just sitting there like that and be perfect when you are ready to carve it - 15 or so minutes later. I hope you enjoy it!

In_live_blacksm
Midwest_Kitchen added over 2 years ago

Thanks. It was just poor sentence construction on the resting part. Or my interpretation!

Logo-fb
Waverly added over 2 years ago

Thank you for your question. I have edited the instructions to clarify. When the roast is done (at least 125 degrees all over - test in several places with your thermometer), take it out of the oven. Cover it with foil and let it sit/rest on the counter like that for at least 15 minutes. It will continue cooking while it rests and be perfect when you carve.