🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

I made the salt encrusted whole fish from the CB and it was incredibly salty. Followed recipe exactly.

6 lb snapper cleaned by fishmonger.

asked by belfman almost 3 years ago
Buddhacat

What is your question?

Why did it come out so salty? I thought it wasn't supposed to be salty.

Did you scrape the salt off of the skin before serving? I haven't read through the recipe but the method of cooking fish in salt accomplishes two things; it adds flavor, but it also insulates the fish while it roasts/bakes. Residual salt on fish skin will indeed taste salty.

Bigpan

Two points ... Did you use coarse salt ? Table salt will not do it. And, was the fish totally encrusted ? Otherwise the fish will steam and suck in the salt. Did you have the right temperature? I have done both fish and chicken in salt and it works great - no salt taste at all. Do not worry, double check how you did it and try again.