Recipes with chipotle. Folks there are lots of recipes that require chipotle peppers. I don't know it they ask for chipotle in adobo or not.

asked by Jdtirado over 2 years ago
Tad_and_amanda_in_the_kitchen

Great question -- if it's not clear in the ingredient list, it sometimes helps to look in the instructions. If you need to chop or puree the chipotles, it's a good bet to use chipotle in adobo. If the peppers get soaked or ground, then I'd use a dried one.

Thank you for your prompt reply.

unless the product ends up being all dry I'd always go with chipotle in adobo sauce because it's so delicious :)

Thanks all for the reply. I do find the chipotle in adobo to be extremely hot. I recently tried to make enchiladas and used the adobo packed chipotle, which resulted in scorching my guest's palate. I was just wondering if there was a way to reduce the heat.

Tad_and_amanda_in_the_kitchen

If you use a dried chipotle and remove the seeds, that should reduce the heat. Another approach is to add half of what any recipe calls for and then add more to taste. That way you can find the amount of heat that works for you. I often do this with recipes that call for chiles (dried and fresh).

Flavor_drizzles_art

I puree my canned chipotles in adobo. Scoop by teaspoon "lumps" on a sheet tray. Freeze and then store in a freezer bag. When a recipe calls for the ingredient, I then add by teaspoon to find the amount I prefer, and note the measurement on the recipe.

Tad_and_amanda_in_the_kitchen

Cool idea.

Img00019-20100929-0432_1_

Excellent tip!

Also, try different brands as some are hotter than others