🔔
🔎

Best way to fry bacon ?

Bacon

asked by jack7129 almost 3 years ago

The secret I learned from my Dad is to start bacon in a cold pan. That way you are able to place the bacon how you want, and it seems to keep the bacon longer (instead of shriveling quickly), which helps it to cook evenly. Once I've laid the bacon in a cold pan, I crank up the heat. I only turn the bacon once. Enjoy your bacon!

Photo-1

I find the lower the temperature at which I cook bacon, the more fat renders out. It makes it crispier, the way I like my bacon. I do it in the oven if I need the space on top of the stove for something else, and I think both ways work well. I don't mind if it's flat or not usually.

Bigpan

I bake on a silpat and watch carefully. Have not used a frying pan for years. Go to a good butcher and get thick slices of double smoked with no preservatives (as you will have a ton of chemicals in packaged bacon).