🔕 🔔

How long will separated egg whites last in the fridge? Any good uses for egg whites, other than marshmallows?

asked by foodfighter about 5 years ago

A few days - I eat them for breakfast. On the days I am trying to eat healthy ... on the other days I would probably try a pavolva or something like that ... you could also swirl them into some miso soup for a sore of egg-drop type deal, or scramble them into some fried rice

Egg whites will last for at least a week in the fridge -- they also freeze beautifully. I use egg whites in meringues and all the variations -- straight meringues, french macarons, pavlova (a New Zealand dessert that consists of a big meringue shell topped with whipped cream and fresh fruit), meringue toppings for pies, or bread pudding. You can also use them in angel food or sponge cakes.

Thanks. I think I am going to use some for marshmallows, and probably use up some miso I have for an egg drop type deal. Thanks aargersi.

Go ahead and use them in some cocktails or if that's not your thing try a some baking recipes, like the suggested angel food cake.

If you have made a cake batter that seems too heavy, you can whip one or two and fold them in to the batter to lighten it.