Image

I've never had any difficulty. Use a non-stick pan and butter it well.

Photo_on_2014-07-11_at_6.17_pm

It turns out of the bundt pan fairly well. Plus if you cover the top with icing it doesn't matter if there are any craggy bits!

Tad_and_amanda_in_the_kitchen

Great point, Shalini! I've never made it in a bundt pan but glad others have had success with it. It's a pretty solid and cooperative cake so I'm not surprised it works. And definitely use the icing to cover up any rough patches. Good luck!

Thanks all!

How_to_make_a_custard_part_1
Shuna Lydon

Shuna is a pastry chef in New York City and author of the acclaimed blog Eggbeater.

I always butter, freeze, butter & then flour bundt pans. Depending on how deep/intricate the decoration of the bundt, many cakes have issues being turned out. Also a good bundt pan should be heavy! The heavier it is the more reliable the heat distribution and therefore the consistency of the baking of the batter.

I like to turn bundt cakes out between 15-20 minutes after they've come out of the oven. I use a towel to hold the pan and I press on the edges to gently 'pull them away" from the edge a bit. I know it sounds dangerous but I will also gently insert a baby offset spatula in between the cake and the pan to insure all the nooks & crannies come out.